Get some actionable tips from our recruiting experts for staying ahead of the curve in your college recruiting process.
1:00 Show outline
1:28 Be proactive: contact college coaches
4:23 Start your recruiting process on the right foot
8:04 Understand how college coaches recruit
15:05 Check things off your spring recruiting checklist
Live Q & A
19:18 My sophomore is interested in schools that are far away, what is the best way to catch the coach’s attention?
21:44 How effective are skills videos with coaches?
23:29 What do you do if a coach wants to watch you in person but you live far away?
24:59 My son, who is a senior, has never reached out to college coaches, is there still opportunity for him?
26:43 Should a sophomore take part in an ID camp or would it be more advantageous to wait until next year?
28:02 Does it cost anything for my son to have a profile put up for college coaches to see?
30:19 Ring the Bell #NCSACOMMIT
From underclassmen just getting started in the process to student-athletes ready to make a college decision, student-athletes are responsible for managing their own recruiting process. The student-athletes who often have the most success in the process are those that work just as hard at getting recruited as they do at their sport.
Get downloadable recruiting checklists for each grade level here: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/managing-recruiting-process/spring-checklist
Discover what type of camp is right for you: https://www.ncsasports.org/events
House all your important recruiting information in your NCSA recruiting profile: https://recruit-match.ncsasports.org/clientrms/user_accounts/sign_in
Have a question? Drop it in the comments below or email us at email@example.com!
Join NCSA Live each Tuesday at 2 PM CST as we discuss all things recruiting with former college coaches and athletes who have experienced it themselves.
FOLLOW NCSA (Next College Student Athlete):
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/NCSAsport or NCSAsport
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NCSAsports
Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/ncsa or @ncsa
Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/ncsa_sports/ or #ncsa
Snapchat at https://www.snapchat.com/add/ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
NCSA is the largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network. With a network of over 35,000 college coaches, NCSA assists student-athletes in 34 sports to find their best path to college.
- Making a Football Offensive Line Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football offensive line skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football offensive line expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. Former […]
- The BEST Strategy for Paying Off Federal Student Loans FASTIf you have federal student loans and are looking to pay them off fast, then this video is for YOU. We will go over what the best strategy is for you to pursue as you repay your student loans as quickly as possible. Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans? ➡️ Check out our refinancing […]
- Welcome to GIS 2020Portland Community College’s GIS program combines cartography (mapmaking), spatial analysis, and data management to support research and inform decision making. The Geography department at PCC offers a one-year GIS certificate that combines GIS concepts, technology, and real-world experience. For […]
- 2020 CCC Holiday Video – Let it SnowStaff, students and faculty at Clackamas Community College decide it might as well snow since we are all working from home anyway. Happy holidays to you, from all of us here at CCC. Go, Cougars! Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- Blinn College Board of Trustees – Board Meeting – April 6, 2021Blinn College Board of Trustees Source: Blinn College […]
- Personal protection with John PotashSource: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- Making a Football Linebacker Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football linebacker skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football linebacker expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. NCSA Recruiting […]
- What to do with your federal student loans in the time of coronavirusLet’s start with this: President Trump’s decision to waive interest on federal student loans is cool, but it don’t really help much. Not when people are still being garnished for their federal student loans. And not when monthly payments are still due. About that last part. If you […]
- Why did you choose Haverford?Source: Haverford College […]
- Odalis Medellin- Dreamers ScholarshipSource: Everett Community College […]
- Calbright College Board of Trustees Meeting | September 21, 2020
- Bible Translation program at Gordon CollegeMissiologists estimate that some 1,600 languages are still in need of Scripture translation—and they believe it can be accomplished in this generation. The Bible Translation Program at Gordon College offers students the opportunity to join the Missio Dei in achieving this goal and reaching people […]
- Free Speech wall dedicationUrsinus College free speech wall dedication in Lower Wismer Source: Ursinus College […]
- How To Apply for the FAFSAOne of the most important things you can do is filling out the FAFSA to apply for college financial aid. Watch to see the simple steps to applying and why the FAFSA is the cornerstone of determining you’re best path to pay for college. Learn more about applying for the FAFSA: […]
- Trojans Vote!https://www.everettcc.edu/visitors/trojans-vote Join the Trojan Nation in participating in Election Day! For democracy to work for all of us, it must include us all. This election, you can make your voice heard and ensure we all have a say in our democracy. Source: Everett Community College […]
- A Statement from Everett Community College’s Administrative Leadership Teamhttps://www.everettcc.edu/administration/president/office-president/leadership-team-statement We, as EvCC’s administrative leadership team, have come together to speak as one about our shared commitment to building what Dr. Martin Luther King called “the beloved community,” a community where all […]
- Between Spring And Summer Movement 2Composer: Daniel Powers Performing group: Blinn College Saxophone Quartet- Under the direction of Mr. Brian Klekar Performers: Denzel Blackmon- Soprano Saxophone Kyle Truss- Alto Saxophone Michael Yocum- Tenor Saxophone Ohany Acosta- Baritone Saxophone Source: Blinn College […]
- H&R Block Review 2021 | Robust Options & Free Tax FilingH&R Block is again our top choice for tax software in 2021 due to robust free file and great prices. Here’s our full H&R Block Online review: https://theci.co/hrblock Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What’s new with H&R Block Online in 2020-2021 […]
- Post-crisis Economics: Thinking on the AverageSmall decisions add up to big effects. The crises of our day have made this plainer than ever. In the John Mason Lecture, economist Dr. Kristen Cooper will argue that although people make decisions incrementally—“on the margin” in economist lingo—what they care about is the cumulative effect of […]
- What Should Your Federal Repayment Be Post-Pandemic?There is new evidence that payments will begin after Sept 30. However, having a plan now for what’s ahead is important in a post-pandemic world. The good news is we’ve done thousands of student loan plans for people, and we’ve never seen a case that can’t be fixed. So in […]
- International Student Perspective: Studying in the USASource: UChicago College Admissions […]
- Scholarships at UrsinusUrsinus offers a number of merit and specialty scholarships, and we understand that our options can be a lot to take in! In this short but comprehensive video, associate director of admission Sam Carter explains the ins and outs of each opportunity. Source: Ursinus College […]
- 3 Minute Mondays | How to Remove Late Student Loan Payments From Credit ReportBack again with this week’s 3 Minute Mondays. The questions this week are: 01:08 Q1: How to stop a student loan wage garnishment after it starts? 03:20 Q2: How to remove late student loan payments from your credit report? 04:41 Q3: Can you be arrested for not paying your student loans? ### […]
- Introduction to Financial WellnessIn this video, we will cover the basic steps and introduction into the world of financial wellness. Make sure to take notes and watch the whole series to deepen your knowledge on the topic of financial wellness! Source: Ascent Funding […]
- What to Do This Winter in Your College Recruiting ProcessRecruiting checklists help you stay on track with the college athletic recruiting process during the winter months. Here’s what to do for each grade level. TIMECODES 0:51 Show Outline 1:44 What should freshman be doing right now? 4:46 What should sophomores be doing right now? 9:14 What should […]
- Ideas for transitioning back to campus for Fall quarterAfter more than a year of learning mostly online, we’re excited to bring back more students for in-person learning this Fall. To get ready, we’ve come up with some ways to help students and faculty make a smooth transition back to campus life. Source: Everett Community College […]
- Ron Lieber, NY Times Columnist, on Debunking the Complexity of College Education and the…After navigating the system and successfully applying for financial aid, New York Times columnist, personal finance expert and author, Ron Lieber made it his life’s mission to demystify the complexity and help students and their families discover smart ways that they can “beat the system” to get […]
- Commencement 2020—Senior Speaker Deja’ Haley ’20Deja’ Haley ’20 is the senior class speaker. Haley is a student of Black Studies, Literature and Psychology. Her academic path at Bennington has been driven by a desire to understand how we create belonging and community through our differences. Formative to Haley’s time at Bennington was an […]
- How Student Loans Affect Your CreditDoes student loans affect your credit? The short answer is that yes, it can help or hurt it. Student loan consolidation and refinancing have many benefits, including the potential to give your credit score a boost. But that doesn’t mean you should automatically run and consolidate your student […]
- Virtual Commencement Ceremony – Fall 2020The Blinn College District is proud to recognize more than 200 graduates during the College’s 143rd commencement ceremony. Congratulations, graduates! Source: Blinn College […]
- When Does the Recruiting Process Begin?A question we hear a lot is when does the recruiting process begin? In this video we discuss when and how to start the recruiting process to set yourself up for the most success. RESOURCES • Managing Your Recruiting Process https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/managing-recruiting-process • The […]
- Make the Most of Your Winter – Online! De Anza College Winter Quarter 2021 | De Anza CollegeEnroll now and make the most of your time – online! Classes will be held online in winter quarter 2021 at De Anza College, the college that’s always Tops in Transfer – and more! deanza.edu/apply-and-register De Anza College is always • Tops in Transfer: Always at or near the top statewide in […]
- Counseling and Student SuccessWelcome to Everett Community College Counseling & Student Success. Source: Everett Community College […]
- Scholarships Are Within Your Reach!1 in 3 scholarship applicants at CCC is awarded a scholarship! Learn more and apply today: https://www.clackamas.edu/admissions-financial-aid/financial-aid-scholarships/scholarships Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- Calbright College Board of Trustees Meeting | January 2021
- Get Rich When You Can’t Predict 20212020 was a strange and unprecedented year for the entire world. But especially for the United States, it seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong in 2020. And though we have been thoroughly tested, we remain hopeful for a better future. So how can we invest wisely and create wealth […]
- Car Talks With Tom | How To Replace Your Windshield Wiper BladesWelcome to Car Talks with Tom! Learn automotive care tips and tricks from Tom Landeen, an automotive pro and faculty member at Clackamas Community College. In this episode, you’ll learn how to replace your windshield wiper blades. To learn more about CCC’s automotive program, visit […]
- EXCITING NEWS about the Fall 2021 SemesterAfter a year of successfully navigating COVID-19 with very limited positive cases on campus, Gordon looks forward, with hope and resolve, to restoring near-normal operations for the fall semester (what we’re calling “Phase Four”). Given the current pace of the vaccine roll-out and predictions for […]
- CAN/DID: Anti-Asian Racism – How Do We Make Sense of What’s Going On?CAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- How to Send SAT Scores to Schools and to the NCAAMethod Test Prep founder Tom Ehlers, tells athletes how to send their SAT to colleges, and offers some advice on why it might be best to wait. Watch and find out why. Application Deadlines and Processes https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/managing-recruiting-process/college-application-process […]
- 10 Crazy Ways To Earn $10,000 [That You’ve Likely Never Heard Of]$10,000 dollars is a lot of money, but it’s a sum that’s reachable if your set making that much — we’ve put together 10 creative and crazy ways to make $10,000. Read the full article here: https://theci.co/crazywaysyoutube Here’s what we’re talking about in this […]
- 3 Minute Mondays | How Can I Remove Late Student Loan Payments From My Credit Report?3 Student Loan Questions X 3 Minutes X Monday Q1: How can I get late student loan payments from my credit report? A: Your student loan servicer or collection agency likely won’t agree to remove the late payments. And that’s true even if you submit a goodwill letter. Some people have had […]
- Everett Community College’s Russell Day Gallery featured artist: Charles CataldoPhotographer Charles Cataldo is the featured artist at EvCC’s Russell Day Gallery. Source: Everett Community College […]
- Overcome ItJoin Austin Hatch, a former University of Michigan basketball player and two-time plane crash survivor as he recounts how grit can help student-athletes in the midst of adversity by sharing his own story of tragedy, incomprehensible loss and ultimately triumph Source: NCSA Next College Student […]
- Alexander Gallery Artist Talk | Sean CroghanTo learn more about CCC Art, and the Alexander Gallery, visit https://www.clackamascommunitycollegeart.com/ In this Artist Talk, Portland-based artist Sean Croghan discusses his mixed media exhibition "In A Solitary Place." Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- Jose Marroquin Ruiz – Pride ScholarshipSource: Everett Community College […]
- Calbright College Board of Trustees Meeting | November 16, 2020 Part A
- , BLINN College Regular Board Meeting – November 17, 2020 – AdjournmentSource: Blinn College […]
- Making a Water Polo Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a water polo skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our water polo expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. Former D2 and D3 coach Dan Allen […]
- NCSA Reviews | Volleyball Student-Athlete Lauren FullerFormer volleyball player Lauren Fuller shares her review of NCSA as a college recruiting service. RESOURCES: ===================== NCSA Volleyball Reviews from Parents, Athletes and Coaches https://www.ncsasports.org/ncsa-reviews/volleyball-reviews Do college coaches use NCSA? In short, Yes! […]
- NCSA Reviews | Swimming Parent Nancy FazekasFormer swim parent Nancy Fazekas shares her review of NCSA as a college recruiting service. RESOURCES: ===================== NCSA Swimming Reviews from Parents, Athletes and Coaches https://www.ncsasports.org/ncsa-reviews/swimming-reviews Do college coaches use NCSA? In short, Yes! […]
- FreeTaxUSA Review 2021 | Best Bargain Tax SoftwareFreeTaxUSA is again our pick for the best bargain tax software in 2021 due to low prices for investors, business owners, and other DIY-ers. Here’s our full FreeTaxUSA review: https://theci.co/freetaxusa Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What’s new with […]
- Mike chats with Career Navigator Colleen CliffordMike Brown chats with Student Advisor and Career Navigator Colleen Clifford about her experience, working with students, and campus services. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- Bob Whittet 11/2/2020Bob Whittet, Chaplain – Rock Solid, Matthew 7: 24-27 – Gordon College – Monday, Nov 11, 2020 Source: Gordon College […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | March 2021 Part AThe California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 116 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- Dr. Katie Benson DVMMy student loan payment was around $740 a month before Student Loan Tutor. Now it’s around $140 a month. Source: Student Loan Tutor […]
- How to Make an Origami Heart-Shaped BookmarkHow to make an origami heart-shaped bookmark with Sasha Moore, Community Education instructor at Portland Community College. Source: Portland Community College […]
- How to Pay for College: 6 Best Ways to Help Pay for CollegeWhen it comes to paying for college, these six options can help cover your education costs. Learn more about paying for college at: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/resources/ For more information about private student loans, visit: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/student-loans/ Or […]
- Alumni Panel Session 1: The Journey from Student to EmployeeEver wonder what it will be like when you graduate and move from being a student to becoming employed in your career? Or to transfer to a 4-year college or university? WITCC Alumni who have made that journey successfully chat and answer questions. Sponsored by WITCC Career Services Center, Alumni […]
- Gordon College Athletics Bennett Center UPGRADES 2021Fighting Scots Athletics facilities received major improvements, and we’re excited to share the finished product! Thanks to the generosity of the Kanas family, enhancements include automated bleacher seating, acoustical treatments, A/V system enhancements and new divider curtains, a […]