Jennifer’s private student loans had been kicking her ass for years. She asked for a lower payment. She tried to refinance. She tried everything.
None of it worked.
So she decided to file bankruptcy.
That bought her a little bit of time to figure things out.
But when her b bankruptcy was over, the student loans were still there.
So she filed bankruptcy again. That bought her a few more years. But still, the private student loans were haunting her.
And then someone referred her to me.
We met. I listened. Asked a few questions. And then a laid out a plan to reopen her bankruptcy to try and discharge her private student loans.
While we didn’t end up getting an undue hardship discharge, we did negotiate a really great settlement. And that’s a win.
👉 Work with me: http://tateesq.com/free-talk
👉 About student loan settlements: https://www.tateesq.com/learn/how-to-file-bankruptcy-on-student-loans
- 3 Minute Mondays | What Happens to Student Loans When I Die?Back again with this week’s 3 Minute Mondays. The questions this week are: 01:08 Q1: What happens to your student loans when you die? 02:05 Q2: Can student loans garnish your Social Security monthly benefits payment? 03:54 Q3: Can I go back to college if I owe student loans? ### Schedule a […]
- UCARE’s Katie Turek on Community Service During a PandemicKatie Turek, associate director of UCARE (Ursinus Center for Advocacy, Responsibility and Engagement), discusses the importance of community service and the innovative ways students can help others even while being remote. Source: Ursinus College […]
- Dr. Barry Gorlitzky, MD Interview$500 a month is what Dr. Gorlitzky is paying on his federal student loans. Before Student Loan Tutor he was paying $1600 a month. Nelnet was his servicer Source: Student Loan Tutor […]
- Make the Most of Your Spring – Online! De Anza College Spring Quarter 2021 | De Anza CollegeEnroll now and make the most of your time – online! Classes will be held online in spring quarter 2021 at De Anza College, the college that’s always Tops in Transfer – and more! deanza.edu/apply-and-register De Anza College is always • Tops in Transfer: Always at or near the top statewide in […]
- Learning During COVID-19 and the Power of GivingIan Johnson ’21, majoring in biology with a minor in marine science, shares with us what it has been like as a student this past semester. To all of our Ursinus students, we are so proud of you and how you’ve defended our den. As we prepare to take on the spring semester, please consider a gift in […]
- Commencement 2020 – Conferring of DegreesCommencement – Conferring of Degrees premieres Saturday, May 30 at 12:00 pm ET Conferring of Degrees, featuring remarks by faculty speaker Phillip B. Williams. For more information on Bennington College’s Commencement, visit https://www.bennington.edu/commencement Source: Bennington […]
- Athletic Fit: What is it and What to ConsiderLearn about athletic fit and how it factors in to choosing a college that’s right for you. https://www.ncsasports.org/best-colleges#finding Have a question you want answered about athletic fit? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us each Tuesday at 2 PM CST as we discuss all things […]
- National Signing Day MisconceptionsOur recruiting experts discuss some common misconceptions around National Signing Day. • Signing an NLI doesn’t mean you are automatically admitted to that university: Student-athlete must apply for admissions, pay the application fee and be admitted to the school just like any other student would […]
- Making a Football Wide Receiver Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football wide receiver skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football wide receiver expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. Former wide […]
- Using NCSA College Search to Find Your Best College FitOur recruiting experts showcase NCSA’s College Search feature and explain how it can be used to find a college that’s right for you. Start your college search: https://getrecruited.ncsasports.org/athlete-product/ Have a question you want answered about NCSA’s College Search tools? Send an email to […]
- Lola’s Transfer StoryLola Holcomb ’21 shares her transfer story from some of her favorite spots around campus! Source: Ursinus College […]
- Christmas with MozartThe Blinn College Wind Symphony performs Julie Giroux’s Christmas with Mozart under the direction of Dr. Sarah Burke, Director of Bands. Recorded and distributed with rights secured from Musica Propria Inc. Source: Blinn College […]
- President Tim Cooks welcomes you to fall termClackamas Community College President Tim Cook would like to welcome all students to the start of fall term, which begins Oct. 5. Now is the time to register! Our courses are online, so they can work with your schedule and keep you safe at home. Clackamas Community College has the lowest tuition […]
- CAN/DID: What Does Black Lives Matter Mean to You? | De Anza CollegeCAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- Live Q+A | March 6 2021 | Getting Cosigners Released, Who the *&^% is ECMC, and moreIn this week’s Live Q+A, we covered: 00:23 FFEL Loans and student loan collections 01:25 When REPAYE and Standard Plan look alike 03:43 Disability and payment changes 04:47 Student loan from 1976 05:10 Reopening bankruptcy case 06:12 Settling student loans with different delinquency/default […]
- Brynn Harrington Feb 22, 21Brynn Harrington, Lead Pastor, Highrock North Shore – Steel Guitar: Keeping Faith in Trying Times, Mark 14:32-42 – Virtual Chapel at Gordon College – Monday, Feb 22, 2021 Source: Gordon College […]
- Variable vs Fixed Rates: Whats the Difference?There are two types of student loan interest rates: variable and fixed. Learn about each type and how they factor into your student loan. For more information on variable vs fixed student loan rates, visit: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/resources/difference-variable-fixed-interest-rates/ […]
- Ursinus First Year Residence HallsGet a sneak peek at Ursinus College’s first year residence halls! Source: Ursinus College […]
- Getting Started on Your College Essays | College CoveredIn many ways, the most important conversation a school has with you comes in the form of your essay. Sure, SAT® and ACT® exams and transcripts provide an outline of your credentials, but it’s the essay that colors the application with your hopes, dreams and strengths. Think of it as your pitch: […]
- 2021 Cascade Festival of African Films (opening animation)The Cascade Festival of African Films shows us Africa through the eyes of Africans, rather than a vision of Africa packaged for Western viewers. The films celebrate Africa’s achievements, expose its failures, and reveal possibilities for a hopeful future. Although the films cannot represent an […]
- Teaching During COVID-19 and the Power of GivingDon’t miss the chance to hear from two of our faculty members: Monica Chu, ’98 UC alumna and Chemistry Lecturer, and Nicholas Scoville, Joseph Beardwood III, Chair of Mathematics and Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science. We would like to thank our faculty, staff and students for […]
- Myth: Coaches Will Find You if You’re Great at Your SportOur recruiting experts address common misconceptions about how college coaches find recruits. For more on this topic, check out: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/how-to-get-recruited/college-recruiting-process Have a question you want answered about the college recruiting process? Send an […]
- OLT.com Online Taxes Software Review 2021OLT.com had some improvements this year, and it still has great pricing. But should you use it? Here’s our full Online Taxes review: https://theci.co/olt Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: 0:47 – Is OLT.com free? 1:16 – What’s new in 2021 with […]
- How to Get Federal Student Loan DataSource: #1 Student Loan Lawyer | Tate Law […]
- Things to Consider When Comparing NCAA Division LevelsIt’s important to do your research and keep an open mind when it comes to your college search process. Learn more about comparing college division levels to find the right fit. For more on this topic, check out: […]
- MyWIT RefreshMyWIT is getting a refresh! The things you need and use most as a student are right where you need them and easy to find on the new MyWIT. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- What is a Quiet period?Learn what a quiet period is in NCAA recruiting and what to expect during it. SUMMARY • Get more information about the NCAA Quiet Period https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-eligibility-center/recruiting-rules/quiet-period • Get more information about the NCAA Dead Period: […]
- Scary Student Loan StoriesIs there anything scarier than student loans? With Halloween just around the corner, student loan experts Lauryn Williams and Meagan Landress share scary updates from 2020 and terrifying student loan stories. In today’s episode, you’ll find out: An update on student loan changes so far this […]
- History and Time, Nature and PlaceRachel Fulton Brown, Associate Professor of Medieval History at UChicago. leads her students through a discussion of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth. Using his letters as primary texts, the class debates theology, history, geography, allegory, fantasy and myth. Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- Jose Marroquin Ruiz – Pride ScholarshipSource: Everett Community College […]
- International Student Perspective: Studying in the USASource: UChicago College Admissions […]
- David Bello // Visual StorytellerFor communications arts major and Clarendon Scholar David Bello ’21, storytelling is a tool. Through two internships and a senior thesis on racism, he wields his creativity to bridge gaps, foster dialogue and work toward justice, particularly in inner city communities. See how he’s using film and […]
- Why Your Student Loan Strategy Depends on Where You LiveOne of the most critical decisions you have to make as a student loan borrower is where to live and work. Join me as I talk about how the location you choose greatly influences your income, your costs and the opportunities available to you for paying back your student loans. The key is to optimize […]
- What is a Contact Period?Learn what a contact period is in NCAA recruiting and what to expect during it. SUMMARY • Get more information about the NCAA Quiet Period https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-eligibility-center/recruiting-rules/quiet-period • Get more information about the NCAA Dead Period: […]
- Clients Become Friends || Grabbing CoffeeOne of my favorite things about having people as clients rather than businesses is that sometimes clients become friends. Kathy is one of those clients. Every 1 to 2 weeks we meet up to have coffee and shoot the breeze. While short, those conversations are awesome. Truthfully, I wish I could have […]
- Payday Loans: Why They Suck And The AlternativesPayday loans are expensive short-term loans for small loan amounts. Learn why they’re so dangerous and the best alternatives: https://theci.co/paydayloansyoutube Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What is a payday loan? ▶︎ Why are payday loans so dangerous? ▶︎ Best […]
- How to be Coachable and Why it Matters to College CoachesA student-athlete’s character and coachability factors high in what college coaches are looking for in recruits. Our experts discuss how to be coachable and why being coachable is so important. RESOURCES: ===================== For more on coachability, check out: […]
- Blueberry Pancakes | Kitchen CoveredStudent dining often gets a bad rap. Between the hefty cafeteria fare and the limited cooking options (microwave pizza again?), it can be hard work dodging the dreaded freshman 15. We’ve got you covered with Kitchen Covered: your quick fix to creating fresh, home cooked meals — all from the comfort […]
- 6 Simple Steps to Covering College CostsGetting into college is a big milestone, but do you have a plan to pay for it? Here are six simple steps that will take the stress out of covering college costs: 1. Establish your budget 2. File your FAFSA 3. Figure out who is paying 4. Apply for scholarships 5. Consider work or work-study 6. Get […]
- 3 Minute Mondays | How to Remove Late Student Loan Payments From Credit ReportBack again with this week’s 3 Minute Mondays. The questions this week are: 01:08 Q1: How to stop a student loan wage garnishment after it starts? 03:20 Q2: How to remove late student loan payments from your credit report? 04:41 Q3: Can you be arrested for not paying your student loans? ### […]
- Q: How to stop a student loan garnishment after it starts?In this video, you’ll learn how to stop a student loan wage garnishment after it starts. *************************************** The first step in stopping a student loan wage garnishment is identifying whether you’re being garnished for a private student loan or federal student loan. If […]
- What to do with your federal student loans in the time of coronavirusLet’s start with this: President Trump’s decision to waive interest on federal student loans is cool, but it don’t really help much. Not when people are still being garnished for their federal student loans. And not when monthly payments are still due. About that last part. If you […]
- The Steps of the College Recruiting ProcessFormer NCAA Division 1 coach, Danny Koenig, breaks down the steps college coaches take in their college recruiting process. https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/how-to-get-recruited/college-recruiting-process Have a question you want answered about college recruiting process? Send an email to […]
- Trojans Vote!https://www.everettcc.edu/visitors/trojans-vote Join the Trojan Nation in participating in Election Day! For democracy to work for all of us, it must include us all. This election, you can make your voice heard and ensure we all have a say in our democracy. Source: Everett Community College […]
- Why Aren’t My Student Loans Covered by Pres. Biden’s Freeze?👀Q1: Are Parent Plus Loans covered by Pres. Biden’s student loan suspension? A: It depends. If your Parent Plus Loans are owned by the Department of Education, then, yes, your loans are covered. But if they’re owned by a guaranty agency, then, no, your loans aren’t covered. Call […]
- 5 Tips to Boost Your Emotional WellnessWe understand the challenges and added stress that come with attending school — those feelings may be heightened now with online classes. Here are 5 tips and reminders to help you boost your emotional wellness. Source: Ascent Student Loans […]
- How Great is Our God by the Gordon College Faculty and Staff EnsembleSocially Distanced, United in Spirit. How Great is Our God by the Gordon College faculty and staff ensemble Source: Gordon College […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | September 2020 Part BThe California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 115 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- One Application, Hundreds of ScholarshipsClackamas Community College has one application for hundreds of diverse scholarships. Learn more and apply today: https://www.clackamas.edu/admissions-financial-aid/financial-aid-scholarships/scholarships Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- There’s Work To DoThere’s still work to do and you might be the one to do it! Online learning is still going strong at Clackamas Community College—and we’re excited that certain in-person Career Technical Education classes are back! Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | January 2021 Part AThe California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 116 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- Between Spring And Summer Movement 2Composer: Daniel Powers Performing group: Blinn College Saxophone Quartet- Under the direction of Mr. Brian Klekar Performers: Denzel Blackmon- Soprano Saxophone Kyle Truss- Alto Saxophone Michael Yocum- Tenor Saxophone Ohany Acosta- Baritone Saxophone Source: Blinn College […]
- Can Christian Colleges Lead in Racial Justice?Jemar Tisby (BA, University of Notre Dame; M.Div., Reformed Theological Seminary), author of The Color of Compromise and How to Fight Racism, president of The Witness: A Black Christian Collective and cohost of Pass The Mic podcast. The Annual Franz Lecture presented by the Center for Faith and […]
- College Search and How to Find Your Best College FitTrying to figure out what college to go to or how to choose a college? In this video, our experts discuss how to start the college search process and find your best college fit. TIMECODES 1:26 Show outline 2:02 The 4 aspects of college fit: Academic fit 5:18 Athletic fit 9:32 Financial fit 13:00 […]
- When Will Your Student Loan Payments Start Again In 2021 | Student Loan Plannerstudentloanplanner.com Source: Student Loan Planner […]
- How to Pay for a Summer ClassLearn about the different ways to help pay for a college summer class including summer financial aid, grants, jobs and student loans. For more information about paying for a summer session, visit:https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/blog/how-to-pay-for-a-summer-session/ For more information about […]
- How to Get Ahead in the Recruiting ProcessGet some actionable tips from our recruiting experts for staying ahead of the curve in your college recruiting process. TIMECODES 1:00 Show outline 1:28 Be proactive: contact college coaches 4:23 Start your recruiting process on the right foot 8:04 Understand how college coaches recruit 15:05 Check […]
- The Next Scholarship Could Be Yours!The average scholarship award at Clackamas Community College is more than $2,000! That’s nearly half of CCC’s annual tuition. Learn more and apply today: https://www.clackamas.edu/admissions-financial-aid/financial-aid-scholarships/scholarships Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- Spring College Recruiting Checklist for SophomoresSophomores, learn what you should be doing this spring to stay on track in your college recruiting process https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/managing-recruiting-process/spring-checklist#sophomores. SUMMARY See more tips for March, April, and May. Download the Sophomore Year Spring Recruiting […]
- Will I Get a Stimulus Check if My Student Loans Are in Default?As best I can tell, there’s no requirement that your student loans be out of default to be eligible for the next stimulus check. So I think you’re safe. There will, however, likely be a household income threshold. So if your family earns above a certain amount (I’m not certain […]