Jennifer’s private student loans had been kicking her ass for years. She asked for a lower payment. She tried to refinance. She tried everything.
None of it worked.
So she decided to file bankruptcy.
That bought her a little bit of time to figure things out.
But when her b bankruptcy was over, the student loans were still there.
So she filed bankruptcy again. That bought her a few more years. But still, the private student loans were haunting her.
And then someone referred her to me.
We met. I listened. Asked a few questions. And then a laid out a plan to reopen her bankruptcy to try and discharge her private student loans.
While we didn’t end up getting an undue hardship discharge, we did negotiate a really great settlement. And that’s a win.
👉 Work with me: http://tateesq.com/free-talk
👉 About student loan settlements: https://www.tateesq.com/learn/how-to-file-bankruptcy-on-student-loans
- Library TourTake a tour of Lutnick Library. Source: Haverford College […]
- Ryan Ackerman 11/16/2020Ryan Ackerman, Senior Pastor, Cornerstone Church – Pray & Don’t Lose Heart, Luke 18: 1-8 – Gordon College – Monday, Nov 16, 2020 Source: Gordon College […]
- What to do with your federal student loans in the time of coronavirusLet’s start with this: President Trump’s decision to waive interest on federal student loans is cool, but it don’t really help much. Not when people are still being garnished for their federal student loans. And not when monthly payments are still due. About that last part. If you […]
- Unique Student Loan Considerations for PhysiciansPhysicians often ignore their student loan debt because so much of their brain space and emotional energy is dedicated to their vocation of medicine. In this episode, Student Loan Planner consultants Lauryn Williams and Justin Harvey explore unique student loan considerations and strategies for […]
- 5 Tips to Boost Your Emotional WellnessWe understand the challenges and added stress that come with attending school — those feelings may be heightened now with online classes. Here are 5 tips and reminders to help you boost your emotional wellness. Source: Ascent Student Loans […]
- What to Do and Not Do When You Notice a Funding Gap in Your College FundingSo, you’ve put your best foot forward when applying to your dream school and have been accepted. You’ve applied for financial aid and saved up all you can for tuition costs. You may have even taken on some subsidized federal student loans. But what if there is still a gap between the money you have […]
- How Maggie Solved her 300k Student Loan ProblemJoin Maggie Mesa’s testimonial livestream with Student Loan Tutor’s Operations Officer Michael Cundick – to learn how they solved her 300K+ student loan crisis. Reduce your payments and permanently eliminate the burden of federal student debt. It’s real & it’s […]
- UCARE’s Katie Turek on Community Service During a PandemicKatie Turek, associate director of UCARE (Ursinus Center for Advocacy, Responsibility and Engagement), discusses the importance of community service and the innovative ways students can help others even while being remote. Source: Ursinus College […]
- CFI Arts Lecture – Bruce Herman Feb 11, 2021CFI Arts Lecture – Bruce Herman, Art and Voluntary Exile: Courage to Scout the Boundaries – Feb 11, 2021 Source: Gordon College […]
- Big Student Loan Tax Deductions to Ask Your Employer About | Student Loan PlannerThere are changes coming to tax deductions and #StudentLoanPlanner is here to update you along the way. Here are some big student loan tax deductions to ask your employer about. Comment below with your thoughts and if you’re doing this. 📒 Show Notes 📒 ✅ Why is this a big deal? ✅ IRS Code ✅ […]
- 4 Common College Recruiting Myths DebunkedIn this video, our experts discuss 4 common recruiting myths and how to avoid them to have your best chance at success in the college recruiting process. TIMECODES 0:56 Show Outline 1:38 What are recruiting myths? 1:58 Myth 1: College coaches will find you if you’re great at your sport 5:47 Myth 2: […]
- The Wisdom of Fools: Christianity and the Break in the Classical TraditionShadi Bartsch, the Ann L. and Lawrence B. Buttenwieser Professor of Classics, presents her lecture at the 33rd annual Humanities Day. She examines the clash between Greco-Roman philosophy and the beliefs of early Christian scholars. Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- Mike chats with Career Navigator Colleen CliffordMike Brown chats with Student Advisor and Career Navigator Colleen Clifford about her experience, working with students, and campus services. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- A Weekend at Haverford CollegeTaylor Seid ’22 walks us through a fall 2020 weekend at Haverford. Source: Haverford College […]
- Vitiligo: Journey to Understand and Treat a Skin DiseaseDr. John Harris – Distinguished Visiting Scholar in the Natural Sciences – Associate Professor in the Department of Dermatology and Director of the Vitiligo Clinic and Research Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School Source: Gordon College […]
- CCC Wrestling Decade of Dominance FundraiserTo donate, visit https://give.clackamas.edu/wrestling. Since the fall of 2012 the Clackamas Community College’s annual Crab Feed and Auction fundraiser has helped the college’s wrestling program produce some amazing results on the mat, in the classroom, and on the recruiting trail. Last […]
- From Prisoner to President in One GenerationPCC President Mark Mitsui interviews his mother about her family’s experience as Japanese-Americans imprisoned during World War II. Source: Portland Community College […]
- Gordon College Department of Music — 2020 Band Together Project — The Invincible Eagle MarchWhen the pandemic halted opportunities to perform, Gordon’s Symphonic Band came alongside young musicians in need of artistic opportunities. In the Band Together Project, Gordon kept the music going by virtually hosting 35 high school students from every corner of the United States for lessons and […]
- Virtual December 2020 Commencement MessagesPortland Community College celebrates the accomplishments of our 2020 graduates with this virtual Commencement ceremony. Source: Portland Community College […]
- But still try, for who knows what is possible.We modeled the theme for this year’s #Giving2UCday effort after the Michael Faraday quote etched over the entrance to Pfahler: “But still try, for who knows what is possible.” Ursinus College has already achieved what many thought was impossible this year and successfully commenced our fall […]
- Payday Loans: Why They Suck And The AlternativesPayday loans are expensive short-term loans for small loan amounts. Learn why they’re so dangerous and the best alternatives: https://theci.co/paydayloansyoutube Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What is a payday loan? ▶︎ Why are payday loans so dangerous? ▶︎ Best […]
- 6 Simple Steps to Covering College CostsGetting into college is a big milestone, but do you have a plan to pay for it? Here are six simple steps that will take the stress out of covering college costs: 1. Establish your budget 2. File your FAFSA 3. Figure out who is paying 4. Apply for scholarships 5. Consider work or work-study 6. Get […]
- STEM Talk: Air Pollution Around the WorldLearn more about STEM at CCC: https://www.clackamas.edu/academics/academic-support/stem-center Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- Honors at Gordon // Salome and Jared“With so many opportunities for leadership, you 100% have the chance to make an impact during your stay here at Gordon—you just got to take that first step. And I think that’s a unique value proposition that most schools just can’t offer.” Meet Salome and Jared, and learn how humility, confidence […]
- 4 Ways to Enhance Your Physical WellnessPhysical Wellness is achieved through balanced nutrition, regular exercise, good physical health habits, and seeking health care when needed. Here are 4 quick ways you can enhance your physical wellness. Source: Ascent Student Loans […]
- OMIC November 2020 timelapsePortland Community College is designing a Training Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing to train Oregon’s next generation of the workforce. And with industry need for skilled workers at an all-time high, the arrival of the Training Center – part of the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation […]
- 2020: A Year in ReviewDespite this year’s difficulties, the Blinn College District has had plenty of reasons to celebrate during 2020. As we look forward to the year 2021, here’s a quick look back on what we accomplished last year. Happy holidays, Buccaneers! Source: Blinn College […]
- What President Biden Might Do to Student LoansEach state is working to certify the official election results, but we have an apparent winner in President-Elect Joe Biden. Given the history of Obama-Biden student loan policies, it’s likely that we’ll see some progressive changes that could affect the future of student loans. Here are seven […]
- Vision in Action: Next Frontier Session 5Source: California Community Colleges […]
- Dentist Lowers Monthly Payment by $1,000 On Her Student LoanTo schedule a one on one call with a tutor you can contact us at: email@example.com 510-900-6360 facebook.com/studentloantutor Mention that you came from YouTube for a 20% discount on your personalized repayment plan strategy. Refer a friend and we’ll refund you the entire cost! […]
- Mike chats with WITCC Vice President of Learning Dr. Juline AlbertMike chats with Dr. Juline Albert on goals and going after that degree! Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- H&R Block Review 2021 | Robust Options & Free Tax FilingH&R Block is again our top choice for tax software in 2021 due to robust free file and great prices. Here’s our full H&R Block Online review: https://theci.co/hrblock Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What’s new with H&R Block Online in 2020-2021 […]
- Student Loan Repayment, Student Debt Cancelation and Justin Sloan, CFA, CFP, from Buckingham…Lots of topics to cover in this episode – I answer reader questions about student loan repayment and the best strategies for dental specialists. We also dive into what I think about the chance of Biden forgiving student loan debt and what that could mean for your taxes, and we have an […]
- Heritage IntroductionHeritage is a pilot summer enrichment program designed to equip classically-trained students with the tools and zeal to engage with their own education. Through workshops led by Gordon College faculty and cultural outings within the Greater Boston area, students will grow as creative thinkers and […]
- 5 FREE minutes of THERAPY as you head into 2021Do you feel like you could use five free minutes of therapy as you kick off the new year? Maybe you’re a current student preparing for the return to campus, or maybe you’re a high school senior in the midst of your college search. In either case, you’re about to experience transition. And as Reid […]
- When Will Your Student Loan Payments Start Again In 2021 | Student Loan Plannerstudentloanplanner.com Source: Student Loan Planner […]
- Trio of Metallica videosSource: Clackamas Community College […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | September 2020 Part AThe California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 116 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- How Students Cover the Cost of College | College Ave Student LoansA lot goes into the cost of college. From tuition to school supplies, it can add up quickly. College Ave Student Loans is here to help you cover the cost of college with private student loan options. Source: College Ave Student Loans […]
- Promo ad for The Company of Wolves and Puss in BootsProf. Lynne Edwards’ production class produced this promotional ad for the upcoming radio play’s livestream in October 2020 Source: Ursinus College […]
- 3 Minute Mondays | How to Remove Late Student Loan Payments From Credit ReportBack again with this week’s 3 Minute Mondays. The questions this week are: 01:08 Q1: How to stop a student loan wage garnishment after it starts? 03:20 Q2: How to remove late student loan payments from your credit report? 04:41 Q3: Can you be arrested for not paying your student loans? ### […]
- Blueberry Pancakes | Kitchen CoveredStudent dining often gets a bad rap. Between the hefty cafeteria fare and the limited cooking options (microwave pizza again?), it can be hard work dodging the dreaded freshman 15. We’ve got you covered with Kitchen Covered: your quick fix to creating fresh, home cooked meals — all from the comfort […]
- Do I Need a Cosigner for a Private Student Loan?Students applying for private student loans don’t usually have enough credit history, so lenders will often require a cosigner apply alongside them. Learn who qualifies and how to find a cosigner if you need one. Learn more about finding a cosigner at: […]
- CAN/DID: Inclusion in Practice at De Anza College: Intercultural Studies Part I | De Anza CollegeCAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- 4 Recommendations to Manage Your Financial WellnessWe’re here to support you along your financial wellness journey and help you overcome financial challenges you may face along the way. Check out these 4 tips to help you manage your financial wellness! Source: Ascent Student Loans […]
- Replay: Student Loans Update 2021 Live Q+AGot questions about what’s going to happen with student loans once President Joe Biden takes office? Want to get control of your student loans going into 2021? In this video, I hosted a live Q+A where people got a chance to ask me their student loan questions. I also share a few tips on […]
- Lola’s Transfer StoryLola Holcomb ’21 shares her transfer story from some of her favorite spots around campus! Source: Ursinus College […]
- ESCAMAS II. NavegandoSource: Blinn College […]
- Career Navigator: Jennifer ConleyMike Brown chats with Student Advisor and Career Navigator Jennifer Conley about her experiences, working with students, and campus services. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- #ucdcboxcollectivePreview the UCDC film that will be projected outdoors on Thursday, November 19, and premiere on LIVE! on Main on Friday, November 20. Source: Ursinus College […]
- What to Do This Winter in Your College Recruiting ProcessRecruiting checklists help you stay on track with the college athletic recruiting process during the winter months. Here’s what to do for each grade level. TIMECODES 0:51 Show Outline 1:44 What should freshman be doing right now? 4:46 What should sophomores be doing right now? 9:14 What should […]
- CAN/DID: What Are the Effects of Anti-Asian Scapegoating and Attacks During the Pandemic?CAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- Calbright College Board of Trustees Meeting | September 21, 2020Source: California Community Colleges […]
- How I Won Over $1 Million in Scholarships for College | College CoveredWhen Christopher Gray was in high school, his family hit a rough patch. Raised in a single-mother household in Birmingham, Alabama, Gray found the recession hit his home particularly hard. But Gray was determined to go to college, and he worked hard to find scholarships that would make it happen. […]
- 3 Minute Mondays | How Can I Remove Late Student Loan Payments From My Credit Report?3 Student Loan Questions X 3 Minutes X Monday Q1: How can I get late student loan payments from my credit report? A: Your student loan servicer or collection agency likely won’t agree to remove the late payments. And that’s true even if you submit a goodwill letter. Some people have had […]
- Campus Tour by Joseph Spir Rechani ’20Tour Guide Joseph Spir Rechani ’20 leads us on a walk through Haverford’s campus. Source: Haverford College […]
- Joy: 2020 Virtual Music SpotlightJoin the talented students of CCC as they make music from home. The CCC Music Department is hosting a virtual spotlight series that brings full-ensemble pieces created entirely from a distance. Catch performances by the chamber choir, jazz band, wind ensemble and classical guitar ensemble in this […]
- National Signing Day dates to know in 2021In this video, we discuss when you can sign a National Letter of Intent and provide the National Signing Day dates / periods for 2021. In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the National Letter of Intent has officially announced new signing periods for prospective athletes signing their NLI’s […]
- Feeling Frustrated About Your Student Debt? Here’s the High Cost of Student Loan ComplexityIt’s no secret that student loan debt affects people’s lives — and not in a good way. The ever-increasing student loan debt is a major cause of frustration and stress for many college graduates in America. Why is that? Who benefits from student loan complexity? Join me as I discuss why you need to […]
- What Will Happen to Student Loans After the Election?For this milestone 100th episode, I’m joined by all four consultants. Because we’re just one week away from the election, I’m talking with them about the election and what we expect could happen to your student loans regardless of who wins the 2020 presidential election. In this episode, […]