Parents, here are 5 questions you should ask about finances when considering how to choose a college for your student-athlete.
How much are you willing to pay for college and how much responsibility will fall on your student?
1. Does your student qualify for scholarships or other financial aid?
2. Is the campus area’s cost of living doable?
3. Will your student need a work-study program or job to help cover the cost of tuition?
4. Are you/your student willing to take out loans?
To help your student-athlete better understand their best college fit, you can start by asking them the right questions.
For more on this topic, check out: https://usatodayhss.com/2017/ask-your-student-these-20-questions-to-find-their-best-college-match
Find NCSA’s list of Best Colleges for Student-Athletes here: https://www.ncsasports.org/best-colleges
Have a question you want answered about the college search, admissions or financial aid? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us each Tuesday at 2 PM CST as we discuss all things recruiting with former college coaches and athletes who have experienced it themselves.
FOLLOW NCSA (Next College Student Athlete):
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/NCSAsport or NCSAsport
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NCSAsports
Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/ncsa or @ncsa
Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/ncsa_sports/ or #ncsa
Snapchat at https://www.snapchat.com/add/ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
NCSA is the largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network. With a network of over 35,000 college coaches, NCSA assists student-athletes in 34 sports to find their best path to college.
- When Should You Refinance Your Zero Percent Federal Student Loans? | Student Loan PlannerRead the full article: https://www.studentloanplanner.com/refinance-federal-student-loans/ Source: Student Loan Planner […]
- Joining a Study GroupHow to join online study groups put on by PCC’s Academic Support Centers. For more information: pcc.edu/tutoring Source: Portland Community College […]
- Directing I: The Director’s VisionDirecting I: The Director’s Vision presents short video responses to Edward Albee’s “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” Staged, recorded, and edited by the students in Directing I. Featuring the work of: Timothy Atkinson, Martha Bennett, Louis Celt, Delaney Circe, Graeme Cohen, Delaney Hill, Brooks […]
- URSI: Lightning Lecture – Jennifer VanGilderSource: Ursinus College […]
- How to Make a Highlight Video | Football | Wide ReceiverLearn how to make a football wide reciever highlight video and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football expert analyze highlight film, and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. RESOURCES: NCSA Football Recruiting […]
- How to Start Your College Application | College CoveredOn top of homework, exams and extracurriculars, the college application process can feel like an overwhelming addition to an already packed schedule. However, if you take charge and prioritize your time, you can find a balance between applying to school and managing your other commitments. You can […]
- Library TourTake a tour of Lutnick Library. Source: Haverford College […]
- What is a Dead Period?Learn what a dead period is in NCAA recruiting and what to expect during it. SUMMARY • Get more information about the NCAA Quiet Period https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-eligibility-center/recruiting-rules/quiet-period • Get more information about the NCAA Dead Period: […]
- Not Sure How Much to Borrow? Check These Tips | College CoveredNot sure how much money to borrow for college? You’re not alone. There are a lot of misconceptions about when you should start thinking about your student loan balance, when you have to pay it back and how it can impact your credit score. These tips will help you make an informed decision, and […]
- How to View Your Federal Student LoansTax refund offset for defaulted federal student loans? To get your refund back for financial hardship, you have to find out who has your defaulted student loans. The easiest way to do that is to use the National Student Loan Data System at nslds.ed.gov. That website has a list of all of your […]
- Virtual December 2020 Commencement MessagesPortland Community College celebrates the accomplishments of our 2020 graduates with this virtual Commencement ceremony. Source: Portland Community College […]
- Clients Become Friends || Grabbing CoffeeOne of my favorite things about having people as clients rather than businesses is that sometimes clients become friends. Kathy is one of those clients. Every 1 to 2 weeks we meet up to have coffee and shoot the breeze. While short, those conversations are awesome. Truthfully, I wish I could have […]
- How to Write an Effective ResumeYour resume should demonstrate your competencies and skills in a clear and concise way, so that a prospective employer can quickly gain an understanding about any relevant past experiences and help them better gauge who you would be as a future employee. We’ve put together a step-by-step guide on […]
- CAN/DID: What Are the Effects of Anti-Asian Scapegoating and Attacks During the Pandemic?CAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- CAN/DID: Introducing the Series | De Anza CollegeCAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- Data: The Most Valuable Resource in the WorldJohn List, the Kenneth C. Griffin Distinguished Service Professor in Economics, discusses the data revolution’s impact on business, the existential threat facing companies that don’t generate or analyze data, and how data, more so than oil, is the most valuable resource in the world. The […]
- Do NAIA Schools Give Athletic Scholarships?Yes, NAIA schools can give athletic scholarships. Learn more from our recruiting experts as they discuss NAIA scholarships and the benefits of NAIA schools. For more on this topic, check out: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/how-to-get-recruited/college-divisions#NAIA View NCSA’s list of Best […]
- Vision in Action: Next Frontier Session 4Source: California Community Colleges […]
- How Much Is the Head Coach Involved in the Recruiting Process?Our experts discuss how involved the head coach is involved in the recruiting process of high school student-athletes. The NCAA recruiting rules are now different for each division level. While coaches have their different methods for scouting out new talent, the best way to ensure a coach knows […]
- How to Calculate Your BEST Student Loan Repayment | Student Loan Planner Expert ExplainsIn this video, we’re going to calculate the best repayment plan strategy for you to pay your student loan fast. We will do a walk-through of using the BEST student loan repayment calculator for any borrower at any debt amount. 📒 Show Notes 📒 ✅ Why should borrowers use SLP’s calculator ✅ Where to […]
- Promo ad for The Company of Wolves and Puss in BootsProf. Lynne Edwards’ production class produced this promotional ad for the upcoming radio play’s livestream in October 2020 Source: Ursinus College […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | November 2020 Part AThe California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 116 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- Will Coaches Hold It Against Athletes Who Did Not Hold a Season?Our experts break down if college coaches will hold it against athletes who did not have a season for their sport? RESOURCES Keep track of all NCAA recruiting updates – https://www.ncsasports.org/coronavirus-sports/ncaa-recruiting-suspended NCAA recruiting rules – […]
- Understanding The California Student Borrower Bill Of RightsCalifornia recently passed The California Student Loan Borrower Bill Of Rights – and it helps consumers navigate their student loans. Read the full article here: https://theci.co/cabillofrights Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What is the new California Student […]
- Virtual Commencement Ceremony – Fall 2020The Blinn College District is proud to recognize more than 200 graduates during the College’s 143rd commencement ceremony. Congratulations, graduates! Source: Blinn College […]
- How to Make a Highlight Video | Football | Running BackLearn how to make a football running back highlight video and what college coaches are looking for at your position and level. Watch our football expert analyze highlight film, and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. RESOURCES: NCSA Football Recruiting […]
- Save for Your Kids Education Using a 529 College Savings PlanMore than half of college attendees in the US take out student loans. Imagine saving your kids from the financial burden of student loans without being super-rich. It’s possible with a 529 plan. In this episode, I talk about 529 plans, how they work and why they’re a smart way to save for you kids’ […]
- To Cosign or Not to Cosign? Your Questions Answered | College CoveredCollege students may look to private student loans to help cover their college costs. Since many undergraduate students are still building their credit history, they may need to add a cosigner to qualify for a private student loan. Learn more about what a cosigner is and how they can help you get a […]
- Making a Football Linebacker Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football linebacker skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football linebacker expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. NCSA Recruiting […]
- Outdoor Chapel 2020Source: Gordon College […]
- It’s Totally Okay if You Never Pay Off Your LoansI recorded this after talking with a client who was embarrassed and in tears because she’s 50 and owes over $200 thousand in student loans. I had to stop during out talk and let her know she’s not a failure because she has student loan debt. That it’s totally okay if she never […]
- Mike chats with WITCC Vice President of Learning Dr. Juline AlbertMike chats with Dr. Juline Albert on goals and going after that degree! Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- Counseling and Student SuccessWelcome to Everett Community College Counseling & Student Success. Source: Everett Community College […]
- Salvation is CreatedComposer: Pavel Chesnokov Arranger: Erik Steighner Performing Group: Blinn College Saxophone Ensemble- Under the direction of Mr. Brian Klekar Performers: Brian Klekar- Soprano Saxophone Denzel Blackmon- Alto Saxophone Kyle Truss- Tenor Saxophone Michael Yocum- Tenor Saxophone Ohany Acosta- […]
- Happy HolidaysStudents, faculty and staff working together to wish you a safe and happy holiday season. Source: Ursinus College […]
- Myth: Coaches Will Find You if You’re Great at Your SportOur recruiting experts address common misconceptions about how college coaches find recruits. For more on this topic, check out: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/how-to-get-recruited/college-recruiting-process Have a question you want answered about the college recruiting process? Send an […]
- Heritage IntroductionHeritage is a pilot summer enrichment program designed to equip classically-trained students with the tools and zeal to engage with their own education. Through workshops led by Gordon College faculty and cultural outings within the Greater Boston area, students will grow as creative thinkers and […]
- CAN/DID: Inclusion in Practice at De Anza College: Intercultural Studies Part I | De Anza CollegeCAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- How to Ace Your First Job Interview After CollegeGetting the opportunity to have an in-person interview is a big deal, so be sure you don’t take it for granted. According to Career Sidekick, the average hiring manager will only invite 2-4 candidates for an in-person interview. Starting the next step in life – your career – can be scary, but don’t […]
- A Tour of the Kim and Tritton DormsIsabel Queen ’21 created this quick tour of the Kim and Tritton Dormitories. Source: Haverford College […]
- Learning During COVID-19 and the Power of GivingIan Johnson ’21, majoring in biology with a minor in marine science, shares with us what it has been like as a student this past semester. To all of our Ursinus students, we are so proud of you and how you’ve defended our den. As we prepare to take on the spring semester, please consider a gift in […]
- Jose Marroquin Ruiz – Pride ScholarshipSource: Everett Community College […]
- What to Do This Winter in Your College Recruiting ProcessRecruiting checklists help you stay on track with the college athletic recruiting process during the winter months. Here’s what to do for each grade level. TIMECODES 0:51 Show Outline 1:44 What should freshman be doing right now? 4:46 What should sophomores be doing right now? 9:14 What should […]
- Daysi Rodiguez –Source: Everett Community College […]
- CCC President Tim Cook welcomes you to winter termClackamas Community College President Tim Cook would like to welcome all students to the start of winter term 2021! Source: Clackamas Community College […]
- DeJardin Hall time-lapseIn November 2014, voters in the Clackamas Community College district approved a $90-million bond measure that is being used to update and expand college classrooms and labs and modernize equipment to meet industry standards. Passage of the bond also results in CCC receiving $32 million in state […]
- How to Get Over Writer’s Block | College CoveredSometimes, finding a starting place for your essay can make you freeze up. Writer’s block is common, but there are tricks for getting past it. The main thing you need to do? Just write. It can literally be about anything: the posters on your wall, your lunch, your shoes. Just the act of writing […]
- What It Means To Be A FordNarrated by Daniel Dae Kim ’90 Source: Haverford College […]
- CCC Wrestling Decade of Dominance FundraiserTo donate, visit https://give.clackamas.edu/wrestling. Since the fall of 2012 the Clackamas Community College’s annual Crab Feed and Auction fundraiser has helped the college’s wrestling program produce some amazing results on the mat, in the classroom, and on the recruiting trail. Last […]
- Sharon Ketcham 10/26/2020Sharon Ketcham Professor of Theology and Christian Ministries – Disrupt Sanctimony, Luke 18: 9-18 – Gordon College – Monday, October 26, 2020 Source: Gordon College […]
- How has Philadelphia shaped your Haverford experience?Source: Haverford College […]
- Art & SciencesMike chats with Director of Arts & Sciences Kendra Bergenske about general education and exploring your options. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- Q: How to stop a student loan garnishment after it starts?In this video, you’ll learn how to stop a student loan wage garnishment after it starts. *************************************** The first step in stopping a student loan wage garnishment is identifying whether you’re being garnished for a private student loan or federal student loan. If […]
- How to Pay for College: 6 Best Ways to Help Pay for CollegeWhen it comes to paying for college, these six options can help cover your education costs. Learn more about paying for college at: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/resources/ For more information about private student loans, visit: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/student-loans/ Or […]
- Will You Need to Start Making Student Loan Payments Again in September 2021 or Later?When will you need to start making student loan payments again? In this video, we share with you what we think and how you can prepare regardless of date. Let us know what you think by subscribing and commenting! 📒 Show Notes 📒 ✅ New Secretary of Education’s stance ✅ Our thoughts on extension ✅ […]
- OMIC October 2020 timelapsePortland Community College is designing a Training Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing to train Oregon’s next generation of the workforce. And with industry need for skilled workers at an all-time high, the arrival of the Training Center – part of the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation […]
- ESCAMAS III. OraculoSource: Blinn College […]
- Credit Karma Tax Review 2021 | Best Free Tax SoftwareCredit Karma Tax is again our pick for the best free tax software in 2021 due to it’s free price and all-inclusive tax filing. Here’s our full Credit Karma Tax review: https://theci.co/creditkarmataxyoutube Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What’s new […]
- Get Rich When You Can’t Predict 20212020 was a strange and unprecedented year for the entire world. But especially for the United States, it seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong in 2020. And though we have been thoroughly tested, we remain hopeful for a better future. So how can we invest wisely and create wealth […]
- Making a Football Kicker, Punter Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football kicker or punter skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football kicker and punter expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. NCSA […]