Parents, here are 5 questions you should ask about finances when considering how to choose a college for your student-athlete.
How much are you willing to pay for college and how much responsibility will fall on your student?
1. Does your student qualify for scholarships or other financial aid?
2. Is the campus area’s cost of living doable?
3. Will your student need a work-study program or job to help cover the cost of tuition?
4. Are you/your student willing to take out loans?
To help your student-athlete better understand their best college fit, you can start by asking them the right questions.
For more on this topic, check out: https://usatodayhss.com/2017/ask-your-student-these-20-questions-to-find-their-best-college-match
Find NCSA’s list of Best Colleges for Student-Athletes here: https://www.ncsasports.org/best-colleges
Have a question you want answered about the college search, admissions or financial aid? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us each Tuesday at 2 PM CST as we discuss all things recruiting with former college coaches and athletes who have experienced it themselves.
FOLLOW NCSA (Next College Student Athlete):
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/NCSAsport or NCSAsport
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NCSAsports
Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/ncsa or @ncsa
Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/ncsa_sports/ or #ncsa
Snapchat at https://www.snapchat.com/add/ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
NCSA is the largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network. With a network of over 35,000 college coaches, NCSA assists student-athletes in 34 sports to find their best path to college.
- The Lens – Ep. 1The Lens is a series in which musicians at Bennington College are invited to perform their original music and chat with me about many things, including their personal processes for making work, what inspires them, and what they are still trying to figure out as a young artist in today’s world. […]
- What to Do and Not Do When You Notice a Funding Gap in Your College FundingSo, you’ve put your best foot forward when applying to your dream school and have been accepted. You’ve applied for financial aid and saved up all you can for tuition costs. You may have even taken on some subsidized federal student loans. But what if there is still a gap between the money you have […]
- Comet Learning Center (CLC)Mike Brown chats with Bea Houston on the offerings and services available in the CLC such as free tutors, quiet study space, private room for speeches or recordings, and more. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- NCSA Reviews | Volleyball Student-Athlete Lauren FullerFormer volleyball player Lauren Fuller shares her review of NCSA as a college recruiting service. RESOURCES: ===================== NCSA Volleyball Reviews from Parents, Athletes and Coaches https://www.ncsasports.org/ncsa-reviews/volleyball-reviews Do college coaches use NCSA? In short, Yes! […]
- Virtual Commencement Ceremony – Fall 2020The Blinn College District is proud to recognize more than 200 graduates during the College’s 143rd commencement ceremony. Congratulations, graduates! Source: Blinn College […]
- Live Q+A | March 6 2021 | Getting Cosigners Released, Who the *&^% is ECMC, and moreIn this week’s Live Q+A, we covered: 00:23 FFEL Loans and student loan collections 01:25 When REPAYE and Standard Plan look alike 03:43 Disability and payment changes 04:47 Student loan from 1976 05:10 Reopening bankruptcy case 06:12 Settling student loans with different delinquency/default […]
- Will President Biden Forgive Your Student Loans? | Student Loan PlannerRead the full article: https://www.studentloanplanner.com/biden-changes-student-loans/ The presidential election is over. Given the history of Obama-Biden student loan policies, it’s likely that we’ll see progressive changes that could affect the future of student loans. What could the impact of […]
- Myth: Full-Ride Scholarships are CommonOur recruiting experts address common misconceptions about full ride scholarships. For more on this topic, check out: https://www.ncsasports.org/articles-1/full-ride-scholarships Have a question you want answered about full-ride scholarships? Send an email to email@example.com. Join us […]
- How has Haverford Helped You Grow?Source: Haverford College […]
- (Ep. 124) Can You Settle Your Debt? | Student Loan PlannerJoin me and special guest Christie Arkovich who has specialized in helping clients get through financial hardships since 1995. Christie was a champion of the student loan system working for Sallie Mae during the early stages of her career but came to realize that the system is broken. We talk about […]
- Fighting Debt with Weapons from the Last WarIt doesn’t matter how good you are with the sword if you are up against an artillery of guns and other munitions. In the same way, you cannot approach your student loan debt the same way your 60-year-old uncle or your parents approached it. Here’s how to take advantage of the new weapons in […]
- How to Get Over Writer’s Block | College CoveredSometimes, finding a starting place for your essay can make you freeze up. Writer’s block is common, but there are tricks for getting past it. The main thing you need to do? Just write. It can literally be about anything: the posters on your wall, your lunch, your shoes. Just the act of writing […]
- CAN/DID: What Does Black Lives Matter Mean to You? | De Anza CollegeCAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- CAN/DID: Introducing the Series | De Anza CollegeCAN/DID: Standing Against Racism and Injustice CAN/DID is an ongoing multimedia series that explores equity and social justice issues – including lessons we can all learn from the struggles of different groups and individuals – by drawing on the knowledge and experience of De Anza College students, […]
- Fulfilling the Greatest Commandment with All Your MindDr. John Harris – Distinguished Visiting Scholar in the Natural Sciences – Associate Professor in the Department of Dermatology and Director of the Vitiligo Clinic and Research Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School Source: Gordon College […]
- Dr. Katie Benson DVMMy student loan payment was around $740 a month before Student Loan Tutor. Now it’s around $140 a month. Source: Student Loan Tutor […]
- Student Loan Repayment, Student Debt Cancelation and Justin Sloan, CFA, CFP, from Buckingham…Lots of topics to cover in this episode – I answer reader questions about student loan repayment and the best strategies for dental specialists. We also dive into what I think about the chance of Biden forgiving student loan debt and what that could mean for your taxes, and we have an […]
- Dane CunninghamThis is what Student Loan Tutor did for Dane. Source: Student Loan Tutor […]
- What Will Happen to Student Loans After the Election?For this milestone 100th episode, I’m joined by all four consultants. Because we’re just one week away from the election, I’m talking with them about the election and what we expect could happen to your student loans regardless of who wins the 2020 presidential election. In this episode, […]
- Mia Rogers Admit VideoSource: UChicago College Admissions […]
- Invent Oregon: Broadway to Go InterviewsSource: Clackamas Community College […]
- Courageous Conversations: Voter Misinformation and Suppression in US electionsEvCC is hosting a Virtual Voting Security, Misinformation, and Suppression Panel on Oct 22nd, 6:00-7:30PM. Speakers will discuss how Mail-In voting is secure in WA, debunk voting misinformation, and discuss past and present methods used in voter suppression. Source: Everett Community College […]
- Spring classes start April 5Everett Community College has moved most of its classes online, but don’t let this stop you from pursuing your degree or certificate. You still have time to enroll in Spring classes. Start here: https://www.everettcc.edu/enrollment/future-students/get-started/ Source: Everett Community College […]
- What’s the Difference Between Private & Federal Student Loans?There are two main types of student loans that can help you pay for college, federal student loans and private student loans. Often, both kinds play a role in financing college education. Learn more about federal and private student loans: […]
- When Does the Recruiting Process Begin?A question we hear a lot is when does the recruiting process begin? In this video we discuss when and how to start the recruiting process to set yourself up for the most success. RESOURCES • Managing Your Recruiting Process https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/managing-recruiting-process • The […]
- A Tour of the Kim and Tritton DormsIsabel Queen ’21 created this quick tour of the Kim and Tritton Dormitories. Source: Haverford College […]
- Campus Housing TourThe Blinn College-Brenham Campus offers a variety of student housing options at affordable prices. Interested in a specific hall? Use the timestamps below to skip ahead. Mill Creek Hall – 0:25 Blinn College Park Apartments – 1:00 Wheeler Hall – 1:38 Melcher Hall – 2:14 […]
- How to Read a Financial Aid Award LetterIt’s not always clear how to read your financial aid award letter. Let us breakdown the different elements of the letter, and what other factors you should consider when reviewing and comparing them. Learn more about reading a financial aid award letters at: […]
- Take the stage at Gordon: Theatre DepartmentAt Gordon, finding your light is more than a stage direction. Welcome to Gordon’s Theatre Department! Source: Gordon College […]
- How Student Loans Affect Your CreditDoes student loans affect your credit? The short answer is that yes, it can help or hurt it. Student loan consolidation and refinancing have many benefits, including the potential to give your credit score a boost. But that doesn’t mean you should automatically run and consolidate your student […]
- Women of WITCC: Lily CastroIn honor of Women’s History Month, Mike is taking time to chat with some incredible women at Western Iowa Tech. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- Clients Become Friends || Grabbing CoffeeOne of my favorite things about having people as clients rather than businesses is that sometimes clients become friends. Kathy is one of those clients. Every 1 to 2 weeks we meet up to have coffee and shoot the breeze. While short, those conversations are awesome. Truthfully, I wish I could have […]
- Dance Together – DJ Anjali & The Incredible KidDJ Anjali & The Incredible Kid, Hosts of Andaz & Tropitaal, instruct viewers in an interactive Punjabi dance to Reshmi Dupatta by Ravi Sandhu, featuring Ashok Gill. Filmed for Portland Community College’s Tomorrow Together fundraiser. Source: Portland Community College […]
- Bankruptcy & Student Loans: Breaking Down the ProcessYou can file bankruptcy on your student loans. It’s just hard to do. Plus it takes an extra step. First, you file bankruptcy. Either a chapter 7 or chapter 13 will do. Next, you have to file an adversary proceeding. The adversary proceeding is a lawsuit where you argue to the court that you […]
- VCAM TourTake a tour of the Visual Culture, Arts, and Media Facility at Haverford College. Source: Haverford College […]
- Counseling and Student SuccessWelcome to Everett Community College Counseling & Student Success. Source: Everett Community College […]
- 1040.com Tax Software Review | Flat-Rate Pricing Structure1040.com is middle-of-the-pack tax software with simple flat-rate pricing. Here’s our full 1040.com review: https://theci.co/1040youtube Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What’s new with 1040.com in 2021 and does it offer a free option? ▶︎ 1040.com Price and […]
- Welcome to GIS 2020Portland Community College’s GIS program combines cartography (mapmaking), spatial analysis, and data management to support research and inform decision making. The Geography department at PCC offers a one-year GIS certificate that combines GIS concepts, technology, and real-world experience. For […]
- Bob Whittet Feb 03, 2021Bob Whittet, Chaplain – The Intersection of Faith and Life, James 1 – Gordon College Chapel Source: Gordon College […]
- Ericka Huggins – VotingEricka Huggins, educator, advocate and former Black Panther Party Leader, spoke with De Anza College students at the Euphrat Museum of Art on Feb. 20, 2020. Her talk was sponsored by the Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education. Ericka Huggins https://www.erickahuggins.com/ Us […]
- (Ep. 116) Is It Ever a Good Idea to Abandon Student Loan Forgiveness?A big focus of our podcast is maximizing loan forgiveness when you owe a lot more than you earn in student loans. But what if your income grew to a point where it would cost more if you stuck with forgiveness? Should you abandon student loan forgiveness? Join me as I discuss all you need to […]
- Jireh 360 Virtual TourThis video was produced in collaboration with PCC’s Workforce Development and Creative Technologies teams, for the On-Ramp to Manufacturing class and was funded through Washington County. If you are interested in exploring a career in manufacturing, PCC offers a two-week classes at no cost to […]
- The Bennington Writing Seminars June 2020 Graduation CeremonySource: Bennington College […]
- Dr. Scott RowerLearn more about Dr. Rower’s journey to succesful student loan management. Source: Student Loan Tutor […]
- See Yourself be Successful: Building Confidence Through ImageryJoin Lindsey Hamilton, IMG Academy’s Head of Mental Conditioning as she explains how using imagery in your mental preparation can help foster increased confidence and enhanced athletic performance. At IMG, she leads, develops and facilitates a team of 12 mental conditioning coaches that oversee the […]
- Virtual Opening Day 2020 | De Anza College#deanzacollege This is an edited version of the original video. JUMP TO A CHAPTER: 0:00 – Pre-roll 15:00 – Introduction Lloyd Holmes President, De Anza College 19:09 – Equity Video Series Trailer 21:08 – Employee Anniversaries 25:26 – Katelyn Pan President, De Anza […]
- Building Connections at CCCNot only does Clackamas Community College build connections for our students, but we are also building connections between our actual buildings. On Jan. 19, 2021, we broke through a wall to connect our new Wacheno Welcome Center to the Bill Brod Community Center. The new building will house most of […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | September 2020 Part BThe California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 115 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- Should a Parent Email a College Coach?Parents can (and should) be involved during the recruiting process, but when is it appropriate to send an email to a college coach, and when is it not? Get the answers in this video. Resources Should Parents Talk to College Coaches? […]
- What It Means To Be A FordNarrated by Daniel Dae Kim ’90 Source: Haverford College […]
- Going Back To School As An Adult: Is It Worth It?With Covid-19 and the economy, many adults are considering going back to college to advance their education. But is it worth it? Learn more here: https://theci.co/backtoschoolyoutube Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ Why people go back to school when the economy is down. […]
- Why did you choose Haverford?Source: Haverford College […]
- How to Get Federal Student Loan DataSource: #1 Student Loan Lawyer | Tate Law […]
- Understanding the Difference Between a Want and a NeedOne of the most important financial tips to learn during college is determining what is a necessary and what is not. We all like to have fun and socialize, but it’s up to you to determine what you could cut back on! Watch our video to learn 3 tips to help you better understand the difference […]
- Making a Football Running Back Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football running back skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. Former D3 University of […]
- The Bennington Writing Seminars January 2021 Graduation CeremonySource: Bennington College […]
- Student Loans on Credit Report | Q+A w/Credit Repair Pro John BollFor many of my clients, the works not done after I solve their student loan issue. Next, they worry about improving their credit scores so they can buy a home or finance a car or get approved for a loan. In this week’s Q+A, I sat down with Credit Repair Pro. John Boll to answer questions […]
- 3 Minute Mondays | What Happens to Student Loans When I Die?Back again with this week’s 3 Minute Mondays. The questions this week are: 01:08 Q1: What happens to your student loans when you die? 02:05 Q2: Can student loans garnish your Social Security monthly benefits payment? 03:54 Q3: Can I go back to college if I owe student loans? ### Schedule a […]
- Value Investing | What It Is And How To StartWarren Buffet is known as the greatest value investor of all time. But what is value investing? Here’s what you need to know: https://theci.co/valueinvesting Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ What is value investing? ▶︎ Understanding the intrinsic value of a stock […]
- Women of WITCC: Sandy GutierrezIn honor of Women’s History Month, Mike is taking time to chat with some incredible women at Western Iowa Tech. Source: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]