Recruiting checklists help you stay on track with the college athletic recruiting process during the winter months. Here’s what to do for each grade level.
0:51 Show Outline
1:44 What should freshman be doing right now?
4:46 What should sophomores be doing right now?
9:14 What should juniors be doing right now?
13:30 What should seniors be doing right now?
17:34 Live Q & A
17:40 What comes next after JuCo to get to a 4 year school?
20:01 How do I get exposure at a small high school?
22:02 What are my options for playing college basketball if I don’t play in high school?
24:24 When is the last day an athlete can be recruited? Also what is a development team?
25:50 Can you guys explain the college transfer portal?
28:30 I am starting to be recruited – any advice for my first phone call with a college coach?
31:35 Is there any benefit for not taking an athletic scholarship to help my future college team?
34:43 Ring the Bell #NCSACOMMIT
Get downloadable checklists for each grade level here: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/managing-recruiting-process/winter-recruiting-checklist
Join us each Tuesday at 2 PM CST as we discuss all things recruiting with former college coaches and athletes who have experienced it themselves.
FOLLOW NCSA (Next College Student Athlete):
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/NCSAsport or NCSAsport
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NCSAsports
Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/ncsa or @ncsa
Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/ncsa_sports/ or #ncsa
Snapchat at https://www.snapchat.com/add/ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
NCSA is the largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network. With a network of over 35,000 college coaches, NCSA assists student-athletes in 34 sports to find their best path to college.
- Make the Most of Your Fall – Online! De Anza College Fall Quarter 2020 | De Anza CollegeEnroll now and make the most of your time – online! All classes will be held online in fall quarter 2020 at De Anza College, the college that’s always Tops in Transfer – and more! deanza.edu/apply-and-register De Anza College is always • Tops in Transfer: Always at or near the top statewide in […]
- Darwin’s Biology of Intelligent DesignProfessor Robert J. Richards dissects Darwin’s assertion that a benevolent mind is behind the processes of natural selection. He discusses the creation of a moral animal, the human being, as the purpose of natural selection. Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- Happy Holidays from Everett Community College: A look back at 2020So, 2020 wasn’t a great year, but it had its moments. Take a look back at the year’s highlights with Dr. Daria J. Willis. Happy Holidays! Source: Everett Community College […]
- Alumni Talks: Ministry and MissionsSource: Gordon College […]
- Teaching During COVID-19 and the Power of GivingDon’t miss the chance to hear from two of our faculty members: Monica Chu, ’98 UC alumna and Chemistry Lecturer, and Nicholas Scoville, Joseph Beardwood III, Chair of Mathematics and Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science. We would like to thank our faculty, staff and students for […]
- Blinn College Board of Trustees – Board Meeting – November 17, 2020
- College Match: Questions to Help Find the Best College FitHow do you find a good college match for your student-athlete or for yourself? Our experts provide help with several questions to ask high school students about college to find the best fit. For more on this topic, check out: […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | January 2021 Part BThe California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 116 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- Making a Football Kicker, Punter Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football kicker or punter skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football kicker and punter expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. NCSA […]
- What to do with your federal student loans in the time of coronavirusLet’s start with this: President Trump’s decision to waive interest on federal student loans is cool, but it don’t really help much. Not when people are still being garnished for their federal student loans. And not when monthly payments are still due. About that last part. If you […]
- Bennington Writing Seminars – Eula Biss Addresses the June 2020 Graduating ClassSource: Bennington College […]
- Dr. Chris Colgin on Student Loan Strategies & Pandemic AssistanceLearn about: how the Covid forbearance period is ending soon, how to remove the federal student loan debt burden long term and a few tips for navigating the complicated processes of Pandemic Assistance. Join Student Loan Tutor’s Michael Cundick (Director of Operations) & Past President of […]
- 5 FREE minutes of THERAPY as you head into 2021Do you feel like you could use five free minutes of therapy as you kick off the new year? Maybe you’re a current student preparing for the return to campus, or maybe you’re a high school senior in the midst of your college search. In either case, you’re about to experience transition. And as Reid […]
- Blinn College Board of Trustees – Board Meeting – December 08, 2020
- PCC Links: Future ConnectFuture Connect is a scholarship and support program for students who identify as first-generation or low-income. We focus on eliminating barriers to college, and provide students with on-going support throughout their time at PCC. For more information: https://www.pcc.edu/future-connect/ Source: […]
- Best Student Loan Repayment Strategy Tips by OccupationWe’ve created over 5,000 custom student loan repayment strategies for clients. In this episode, I’m sharing the best repayment tips by occupation. Find out what most borrowers in your profession do with their student loans and how best to pay them off. In today’s episode, you’ll find out: The […]
- Jose Marroquin Ruiz – Pride ScholarshipSource: Everett Community College […]
- Booking a Tutoring AppointmentExperienced faculty, alumni, professional, and students from all campuses are available for free tutoring. For more information: pcc.edu/tutoring Source: Portland Community College […]
- Making a Water Polo Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a water polo skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our water polo expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. Former D2 and D3 coach Dan Allen […]
- NCAA Division 1 Extension of In-Person Recruiting until April 15, 2021Our experts discuss the latest NCAA recruiting updates as of Dec 1, 2020 and what recruits need to know in order to adapt. Effective November 18, the NCAA suspension of all in-person recruiting for D1 sports is extended through April 15, 2021. Coaches are not allowed to meet face-to-face with a […]
- Commencement 2020 – Conferring of DegreesCommencement – Conferring of Degrees premieres Saturday, May 30 at 12:00 pm ET Conferring of Degrees, featuring remarks by faculty speaker Phillip B. Williams. For more information on Bennington College’s Commencement, visit https://www.bennington.edu/commencement Source: Bennington […]
- #ucdcboxcollectivePreview the UCDC film that will be projected outdoors on Thursday, November 19, and premiere on LIVE! on Main on Friday, November 20. Source: Ursinus College […]
- Making a Football Long Snapping Skills Video During COVID-19Learn how to make a football long snapping skills video during COVID-19 and what college coaches are looking for at your position/level. Watch our football long snapping expert analyze skills footage and get actionable tips for showcasing the skills coaches want to see in your video. NCSA Senior […]
- “I Am Black” | A poem by CCC’s Biology Instructor Tory BlackwellClackamas Community College Instructor Tory Blackwell wrote this poem "I Am Black" to express his feelings around our current events. The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee at CCC has worked hard to create a DEI strategic plan for the institution. However, the development of […]
- Congratulations to Class of 2020!In advance of Bennington College’s 85th Commencement and first-ever virtual ceremony, faculty and staff offer their congratulations to the bold, brilliant, and resilient Class of 2020. All Commencement exercises will be posted on: […]
- Clients Become Friends || Grabbing CoffeeOne of my favorite things about having people as clients rather than businesses is that sometimes clients become friends. Kathy is one of those clients. Every 1 to 2 weeks we meet up to have coffee and shoot the breeze. While short, those conversations are awesome. Truthfully, I wish I could have […]
- President Tim Cooks welcomes you to fall termClackamas Community College President Tim Cook would like to welcome all students to the start of fall term, which begins Oct. 5. Now is the time to register! Our courses are online, so they can work with your schedule and keep you safe at home. Clackamas Community College has the lowest tuition […]
- Fulfilling the Greatest Commandment with All Your MindDr. John Harris – Distinguished Visiting Scholar in the Natural Sciences – Associate Professor in the Department of Dermatology and Director of the Vitiligo Clinic and Research Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School Source: Gordon College […]
- Why Your Retirement Accounts Don’t Matter Nearly As Much As You ThinkPeople love retirement accounts. If I had a dollar for every time someone got excited about contributing to their backdoor Roth IRA, I would probably be a millionaire. While it’s great energy to have, it’s not that important to your long-term financial future. In this episode, I share my thoughts […]
- PCC Winter 2021 Online TutoringExperienced faculty, alumni, professional, and students from all campuses are available for free tutoring. For more information: pcc.edu/tutoring Source: Portland Community College […]
- Ericka Huggins – VotingEricka Huggins, educator, advocate and former Black Panther Party Leader, spoke with De Anza College students at the Euphrat Museum of Art on Feb. 20, 2020. Her talk was sponsored by the Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education. Ericka Huggins https://www.erickahuggins.com/ Us […]
- Save for Your Kids Education Using a 529 College Savings PlanMore than half of college attendees in the US take out student loans. Imagine saving your kids from the financial burden of student loans without being super-rich. It’s possible with a 529 plan. In this episode, I talk about 529 plans, how they work and why they’re a smart way to save for you kids’ […]
- Taking California Community Colleges to New HeightsThe Fullerton College Drone Lab teaches students to become better and safer pilots in the rapidly-growing drone industry. Students from all industry sectors can learn how drones can help enhance their workplace, while learning to be safer in the skies. Source: California Community Colleges […]
- WITCC FactsSource: Western Iowa Tech Community College […]
- History and Time, Nature and PlaceRachel Fulton Brown, Associate Professor of Medieval History at UChicago. leads her students through a discussion of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth. Using his letters as primary texts, the class debates theology, history, geography, allegory, fantasy and myth. Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- 1040Now Review | Misses The Mark in 20211040Now is again a tax software program that most people should avoid in our opinion. Here’s our full 1040Now review: https://theci.co/1040nowreview Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ How 1040Now says free file, but we couldn’t find any free pricing tiers ▶︎ […]
- How Maggie Solved her 300k Student Loan ProblemJoin Maggie Mesa’s testimonial livestream with Student Loan Tutor’s Operations Officer Michael Cundick – to learn how they solved her 300K+ student loan crisis. Reduce your payments and permanently eliminate the burden of federal student debt. It’s real & it’s […]
- How to Write an Effective ResumeYour resume should demonstrate your competencies and skills in a clear and concise way, so that a prospective employer can quickly gain an understanding about any relevant past experiences and help them better gauge who you would be as a future employee. We’ve put together a step-by-step guide on […]
- Your Dream Job or Internship Search ChecklistWhy are you attending college? From what we’ve learned from you all so far, for many it’s because you want to find a job you love that makes you feel like you’re contributing to a community. Whether you’re a freshman looking for an internship or a soon-to-be graduate searching for your first job, […]
- Learning During COVID-19 and the Power of GivingIan Johnson ’21, majoring in biology with a minor in marine science, shares with us what it has been like as a student this past semester. To all of our Ursinus students, we are so proud of you and how you’ve defended our den. As we prepare to take on the spring semester, please consider a gift in […]
- 3 Ways To Make $50,000 Per Year Without Working [Without A Day Job]$50,000 may seem like a lot of money, but you can setup income streams to make that each year – passively! Read the full article here: https://theci.co/50kyoutube Here’s what we’re talking about in this video: ▶︎ Conventional wisdom about passive income ▶︎ Frontloading your life […]
- When Will Your Student Loan Payments Start Again In 2021 | Student Loan Plannerstudentloanplanner.com Source: Student Loan Planner […]
- Course ModalitiesBlinn College is offering a variety of course modalities to fit every student’s needs. To learn more about Blinn’s operational changes for Fall 2020, please visit https://www.blinn.edu/back-with-blinn/index.html Source: Blinn College […]
- 5 Ways to Easily Make Your Paycheck Last LongerWe understand how anxious you may feel right now. For many of us, our day-to-day routine, school, personal health, family health, and even our jobs have been impacted by the coronavirus. It is important to remember that tough times don’t last, tough people do. Hang in there! One way to help combat […]
- How to Pay for College: 6 Best Ways to Help Pay for CollegeWhen it comes to paying for college, these six options can help cover your education costs. Learn more about paying for college at: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/resources/ For more information about private student loans, visit: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/student-loans/ Or […]
- Dr. Andy Owen InterviewHow Dr. Owen went from paying around $1800 a month to ZERO dollars a month on his student loans. Source: Student Loan Tutor […]
- , BLINN College Regular Board Meeting – November 17, 2020 – AdjournmentSource: Blinn College […]
- 7 Tips on How to Prepare for a Phone or Video InterviewAside from having a well-constructed resume, acing your first round of interviews is one of the first steps in landing your dream job (or any job). This video breaks down 7 important tips to help you prepare for a phone or video interview. Many students tend to take the first phone or video […]
- MTH 99 Hands-On LearningMTH 99 provides an opportunity to practice and work towards a deeper understanding of individually chosen topics from Introductory Algebra – Second Term (MTH 65), and Math Literacy (MTH 58) through hands-on Makerspace activities. For more information: https://www.pcc.edu/maker/stem-center/ […]
- Meet Us at Our Booth! – Financial Aid Conferences 2020Ascent Student Loans looks forward to attending and exhibiting at the Financial Aid Conferences this year. Come meet us at our booth to learn more about our Non-Cosigned Loan option and pick up some new Ascent swag! Source: Ascent Student Loans […]
- Will President Biden Forgive Your Student Loans? | Student Loan PlannerRead the full article: https://www.studentloanplanner.com/biden-changes-student-loans/ The presidential election is over. Given the history of Obama-Biden student loan policies, it’s likely that we’ll see progressive changes that could affect the future of student loans. What could the impact of […]
- Dr. Brittany Potter, DMD InterviewDr. Potter DMD went from paying around $1250 a month to around only $260 a month after Student Loan Tutor. Source: Student Loan Tutor […]
- Commencement 2020—Faculty Speaker Phillip B. WilliamsLiterature faculty member Phillip B. Williams is the faculty speaker. Williams is the author of Thief in the Interior, winner of the 2017 Kate Tufts Discovery Award and a 2017 Lambda Literary award. He received a 2017 Whiting Award and 2013 Ruth Lilly Fellowship. Visit […]
- How to Pay for Grad School Q&APaying for graduate school has a lot of similarities as undergrad, but comes with its own unique options and challenges. We answer some frequently asked questions about scholarships, grants and graduate student loans. Learn more about how to pay for graduate school: […]
- What does “community” mean to you?What does “community” mean to you? We recently interviewed a student at St. Louis College of Pharmacy, Steven K., who is a chapter leader of the National Black Deaf Advocates (NBDA) organization. Steven is dedicated to supporting Black Deaf and Hard of Hearing Americans by ensuring they have access […]
- Blinn College Board of Trustees – Board Meeting – January 19, 2021
- Scary Student Loan StoriesIs there anything scarier than student loans? With Halloween just around the corner, student loan experts Lauryn Williams and Meagan Landress share scary updates from 2020 and terrifying student loan stories. In today’s episode, you’ll find out: An update on student loan changes so far this […]
- Christmas Chapel 12/02/20Christmas Chapel 12/02/20 Source: Gordon College […]
- The NYU Dental School DDS Degree That Costs $700,000 | Student Loan PlannerRead the full article: https://www.studentloanplanner.com/nyu-dental-school-tuition-out-control/ Source: Student Loan Planner […]
- Cross Entropy as it Relates to EntropyA UChicago Professor guides students through a proof showing cross entropy as being greater than entropy. Source: UChicago College Admissions […]